Cavity-Ringdown (CRD) Loss Meter and Reflectometer
Our reflectometer GLACIER® uses the extreme sensitivity of cavity ring-down spectroscopy to quantify the losses of advanced optical coatings down to 5 ppm. As a typical application the device can characterize supra-mirrors with up to 99.9995% reflectivity. Conventional absorption and reflection measurements are not sufficiently sensitive to quantify today´s super-reflective mirror coatings and are typically limited to the >1000 ppm range (corresponding to <99.9% reflectivity). Cavity ring-down spectroscopy measures optical losses by the decay of the energy stored inside a cavity.
The technique reaches unrivalled sensitivity because the losses are experienced over and over again after every round trip inside the cavity. Smaller losses lead to longer intra-cavity dwell time thereby automatically increasing the measurement precision. The device features high-speed data acquisition and allows to record measurements within seconds. It is delivered complete with a computer and a user-friendly software interface for acquisition and real-time analysis.
Key Product Features
- Reflectivity measurements
- Reflectivities up to 99.9995%
- Various angles of incidence: 5° - 45° (and 0°)
- s and p polarization (separately)
- Antireflective coating characterization: Reflectivity down to 0.0005% (5 ppm)
- Simple and reproducible alignment: for 0.5", 1" and 2" optics
- Spring-loaded mirror fixtures for reproducible mounting without strain
- Computer and user-friendly software interface included
- High-speed data acquisition and real-time analysis: Complete measurement and analysis within seconds
- Available wavelengths:
- 375 - 1550 nm
- other wavelenghts are available upon request
- Standard Footprint: 90 x 45 cm2 (standard size)
A family of GLACIERs to choose from. Pick the one that suits your needs best:
|Number of wavelengths||One||Three||Three*|
|Maximum number of wavelengths||Three||Four||Unlimited!|
|Possible to add more wavelengths at a later point||Yes**||Yes**||Yes|
|Wavelength range||375 — 1550 nm
(diode laser based)
|355, 532 and 1064 nm
diode laser based
(375 — 1550 nm)
|450 — 2000 nm
|Laser source||Diode laser||Microchip laser||Supercontinuum with monochromator|
|Footprint||90 x 45 cm2
90 x 55 cm2 for more
than 1 wavelength
|90 x 55 cm2||90 x 55 cm2|
|Reflectivity measurements||Reflectivities up to 99.9995%|
|Antireflective coating characterization||Reflectivity down to 0.0005% (5 ppm)|
|Angle of incidence||5° - 45° and 0°|
|Polarization||s and p (separately)|
|Optics size||0.5", 1"
(2” and more upon request)
|Software||Computer and user-friendly software interface included|
*Included in the basic version, more can be added.
**Factory upgrade required. For GLACIER, a bigger footprint should be considered in advance (90 x 55 cm2).